Friday, June 13, 2008

Breakfast with a special kid.

Today before I hit the books, Elias and I got up early than use to grab some breakfast before I had to take him to school. We talked about everything... Video games, friends at School, Church, Jesus, you name it. (did I mention that He's a cool kid?)

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Fathers day, Special music with Danny Larsh and 1 Corinthians 6:11-20. Were moving into a short series on sex and sexuality. The Corinthians were caught up in so much confusion concerning their sexuality and began to ask Paul for a little clarification. This is one of the ways that we know it was a new church with new believers, they had yet to learn that we don't talk about sex in church. I'm kidding of course.

Sadly though the church is often silent on this very important issue. Let me assure you however, that it is not because the bible is silent. Gods word has much to say about our sexuality and although this study in Corinthians is not meant to give us an all encompassing understanding of all that Gods word has to say. It will give us a great foundation to deal with the ever so important issue how Christianity and sexuality fit together.

Serving Him Together,

Chris

No comments: