Thursday, March 19, 2009

A twitter from your house plant!

Tatum and I are notorious for killing house plants, and have for the most part, if not entirely moved to the fake stuff. Not as cool as the real deal, but it works for now. I recently ran across something that might help us out. it's a kit called BOTANIcalls. Simply put this deal enables your house plant to Twitter you whenever it needs water or wants to thank you for taking care of it. Talk about brilliant.
When we surrender our lives to Jesus we are in no way promised that life is then spent "skipping through the daisies". As a matter of fact Jesus promises us that we will experience tribulation. James tells us that there will be of all sorts of shapes and sizes. As Christians it is not Gods intentions that we would face those tribulations without Him. What we have been given as Christians is a connection to our creator, water for our thirsty souls. We've taped back into our purpose and brought back into the atmosphere where we've been created to live and thrive in relationship with God.

How foolish it is for us to neglect that relationship and not cultivate it. How foolish to not move ourselves constantly toward the very one who has given us life. how foolish to not abide in him as John 15:5 tells us "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." If you plant a seed and give it the resource it need to come alive. We couldn't then withhold that same resource and expect it to flourish.

I have to wonder, if I had a BOTANIcalls in the soil of my own heart how often it would twitter me and what it would say when it did? Would it be content with the amount of nutrients I'm pouring into it though interaction with the Lord and His Word? Or would I be getting the message that says "hey buddy, I need more, getting a little dry here!!!"

May we never be those who are guilty of holding back from the soil of our lives the nutrients we've been created to thrive in.

1 comment:

Megan said...

now that's an analogy!